Casebine Credit Union’s Privacy Notice – Board approved May 2010
Casebine Community Credit Union is committed to providing you with financial products and services to meet your needs and help you reach you financial goals. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use, and safeguard your personal financial information. If after reading this notice you have any questions, please contact us at 319-752-3476, 319-752-8745, or 1-800-242-3476.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you in order to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider. If you prefer that we not disclose information about you to certain businesses, you may "opt out" of these disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to disclose information about you, as explained in this notice. This “opt out” will not apply to information that we may disclose about you as permitted or required by law—these disclosures typically include information needed to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
Information We Collect About You
We may also disclose all the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide them to third parties.
Information We Collect About You
1. Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
2. Information about your transactions with us or others;
3. Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
4. Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
Information We May Disclose About You
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
1. Information we receive from you on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, and income.
2. Information about your transactions with us or other companies that work closely with us to provide you with financial products and services, such as your account balances, payment history, and credit card usage.
3. Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Parites that Receive Information About You
Certain Parties That Receive Information from Us Where You Can Request to Opt Out
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
1. Financial service providers, such as companies providing automobile insurance
2. Non-financial companies, such as travel agencies and auto dealerships
3. Other companies that provide consumer discount programs
How to Opt Out or Stop Certain Disclosures About You
If you prefer that we do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to such nonaffiliated third parties as listed above, you may opt out of those disclosures. If you wish to direct us not to make disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties (other than those permitted by law), you should do one of the following:
1. Call a member service representative at 319-752-3476, or 319-752-8745
2. Contact us on our website
3. Complete the attached form and mail it to us
This is further explained in the attached "Opt Out Notice." You may opt out of these disclosures at any time. This opt out option, by law, will not apply to disclosures that we make to companies that perform services on our behalf or to other financial institutions that have joint marketing agreements with us.
Once we receive your request not to make further disclosures, we will act as quickly as possible to stop disclosures. You may always contact us for assistance if you wish later to revoke your opt out option.
Note to non-member joint account holders: Any one of you may exercise the right to opt out, even if you are not actually a member of the credit union. CASEBINE COMMUNITY Credit Union will treat an opt out request from any one party to an account as if all of you directed us not to make disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties to which the opt out right applies.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with CASEBINE COMMUNITY Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
Opt Out Notice
CASEBINE COMMUNITY Credit Union is required by law to give you the right to opt out of information sharing with certain businesses, other than what is permitted by law. If you prefer that we do not disclose your personal information to these types of nonaffiliated third parties, you may exercise your opt out right at any time by one of the alternatives listed here. We will discontinue further information sharing as quickly as possible. If you have any questions about this notice, if you would like to exercise your opt out right, or if you’ve elected to opt out previously but have changed your mind, contact our member service representative at 319-752-3476 or 319-752-8745.
You may exercise your opt out option by:
1. Signing on to www.casebine.com, click on our information section then privacy section, print and sign the opt out form and return it to one of our locations.
2. Signing and mailing the form below and returning it to one of our locations.
-----------------------------------------detach and return-------------------------
Opt Out Response Form
I am exercising my opt out option as permitted by law.
(Note: Anyone listed on the account may elect to opt out on the account on behalf of all account holders)
Please list any additional account numbers for which the opt out will apply:
your signature_________________________________________________ date ___________________